Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Old Time Radio

Old Time Radio* transmitting from the UK with a home-brew transmitter of 7 watts, was logged on 17 September 2014. Oldies music, including Scott McKenzie - "If You Come to San Francisco", Ricky Nelson - "Travelin' Man", Monkees - "Daydream Believer", Jimmy Charles - "A Million To One", Neil Sedka - "Next Door to an Angel", "Dear One Stole My Heart Away", Brenda Lee - "I'm Sorry", Nat King Cole - "Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer", Sonny & Cher - "The Beat Goes On", Beach Boys - "Surfer Gir", Four Seasons - "Rag Doll", Sergio Mendes - "The Look of Love", was monitored from  16.20 to 17.00 UTC. Oldies continued well after 17.30 UTC. Reception on 6.744 kHz was (SINPO) 34322 - fair signal strength with long fades and atmospheric noise; QRM at 16.48 UTC.

Reception report was emailed on 24 September 2014. David replied with this eQSL and message later in the evening, saying: "Yes, I can confirm that it was my OTR station that you heard. I use Twente as a monitor in early evening until it fades and then use the Global receiver at Rimini Italy. I have a draft QSL that I am sending you. I am in fact in the UK. I am operating with seven watts output power from a vintage home-brew transmitter and a laptop using software (Optimod type) compressor / limiter called 'Stereo Tool'. All the best."

Email:
oldtimeradio@yandex.com

*Logged using remote SDR receiver at University of Twente, the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment