Monday, July 1, 2013

KRWZ - Denver (Web-radio / Internet)

Radio Station KRWZ - Cruisin' Oldies 950, broadcasting from Denver, Colorado (USA), was logged on 1 July 2013.  I listened to 50s, 60s and 70s pop classics from 22.15 to 22.50 UTC (05.15 to 05.50 pm Denver time). Broadcasts are 24/7. I observed clear and rock-solid (pun intended) streaming at 64 kps / mp3 and 34 kps /.aac.  Internet link  used was http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/lincolnfinancial/?callsign=KRWZAM,

My interest in the station? Aside from enjoying the music of my generation, I grew up listening to another Rock station on 950 kHz -- KIMN -- when I lived in the suburbs of Denver. Unlike KIMN, all those years ago, KRWZ broadcasts nearly commercial-free, uninterrupted music.

A reception report was submitted to Mr. Randy Jay shortly after listening to the broadcast. The following day I received an email from him, stating he would quote, "get an official tech reply for the DX".  Hopefully the conformation will be forthcoming. Gary Nakashima, Assistant Chief Engineer, emailed the above eQSL on 3 July 2013.

Email: 
randy@cruisinoldies950.com

Website:
www.cruisinoldies950.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment