Saturday, April 21, 2012

Radio Taiwan International (Medium-Wave)

Radio Taiwan International in Fangliao was logged on 21 April 2012, transmitting from the medium wave frequency of  1359 kHz. An hour long English language programme beamed to South East Asia was heard from 11.00 to 12.00 UTC. Reception (SINPO)  was 35543 -- good signal strength, no interference, only occasional fading every 10 minutes or so. The actual reception report was submitted for 22 April 2012, and propagation was terrible after 11.20 UTC -- SINPO was 25311 due weakness of signal, fading and atmospheric noise.

Reception report was emailed and sent online at RTI. QSL card, along with a programme schedule and post card, arrived in the mail on 15 May 2012.

Website:
english.rti.org.tw/receptionreport.aspx

Post card


1 comment:

  1. Haha, I just got a QSL from RTI last week for their North American broadcast! I also used their website to submit my report, and I was a little confused at first since it didn't seem to go through. *shrug*

    They were actually my first-ever QSL, since I only just got into SWLing about two months ago. RTI was really nice about it and even read my report on the air.

    ReplyDelete